Hillside Retreat House Rules
- Check in at 2:00pm ; Early check in is possible subject to there are no guest staying in Hillside Retreat.
- Check out at 12:00pm ; Late check out is possible subject to availability upon prior request.
- Please advice when you expect to arrive and depart. Passport/NRIC or booking documents to be presented upon check in for security purposes. Please get the key upon registration and return the key when depart.
- Lost of key or failure to return the key upon check out shall be imposed RM 20.00 for the key replacement.
- No live band, karaoke session and loud speaker session at Hillside Retreat. If any of such activities found at Hillside Retreat, the management reserve the rights to remove the guest immediately in order to protect the interest of other guests,neighbourhood and surrounding.
- Hillside Bungalow , Deluxe Boutique Room, Superior Bunker Room, Camping ground are located closely to each other. Kindly observe silence at night after 11:00 pm to prevent disturbance towards other guests or the surrounding neighbour.
- Hillside Retreat guests are advised to drink moderately to avoid creating unnecessary nuisance to others.
- No smoking, pets, illegal activities, and shoes inside the house. Strictly no unregistered overnight guest. Please keep the place clean and tidy at all times.
- Please turn off all powers, light and fans when there are not in use.
- Kindly take care of your own safety and personal belongings. Hillside Retreat assume no responsibilities for loss or damage of personal items and any injuries happened in Hillside Retreat.
- All used cutleries, plates, kitchen accessories and others has to be washed by the guest and return to the original place, applies to all the catering food.
- Camper or Bunker Guests are not allowed to encroach into Hillside Bungalow area nor Hillside Bungalow Guest are allowed to encroach into Superior Bunker room.
- Campers are only allowed to erect tents on the camping ground at specific location which has to be approved by the management.
- Any of the table, chair, kitchen cooking wares, cutleries and plates used, moved, or shifted are to be cleaned and returned to its original condition and location.
- No open burning is allowed at any part of the bungalow’s surrounding.
- Visitors must strictly adhere to the No Smoking rule as Penang Hill is a Non-Smoking Zone.
- Respecting neighbours including the animals in surrounding area is a must. The general tranquil period for the night must be followed.
- Any waste has to be segregated into rubbish and recyclable items at the designated bin to help to conserve the nature.
- Any item broken or dirty by the guest, shall be charged for the repairs or reinstate fees.
- All guests are encourage to travel light with small luggages to Hillside Retreat. Large luggage are prohibited to be carried inside the funicular train. Hillside Retreat does not hold any responsibility if the funicular train operator reject the guest’s boarding to train due to luggage are too big and heavy. Optionally, kindly seek for our jeep service if there are too many luggages.
Hillside Retreat Booking Terms and Condition
• All bookings are non-refundable and cannot change of date under normal condition.
• In the event of compulsory lock down initiated by the government, guest’s completed payment amount will be converted into Hillside Retreat Credit for future booking. All guests that has Hillside Retreat Credit will be provided a coupon code that can be used to redeem the credit upon booking check out. The validity period of the credits will be 1year only.
• Hillside Retreat Credits is non-exchangeable into cash.
• All room rates might differs in different dates. We follow strictly to the calendar shown in the Hillside Retreat website.
• For guest that intent to do full booking of Hillside Retreat, kindly refer to our customer service for the available slots and dates.
• In the event where government lockdown continues on the selected rebooking date, the booking amount will be converted back into credit again for future use.
Hillside Retreat Covid-19 Safe Precautionary Measures
The health and safety of our guests and staff remain our utmost priority, which is why we have in place the highest level of COVID-Safe protocols. Stay safe at Hillside Retreat with the assurance that your room, as well as all public areas have been carefully prepared with your well-being in mind.
Guests intent residing in Hillside Retreat must be fully vaccinated and are required to present a valid Vaccination Digital Certificate reflected on the MySejahtera app to our customer service for verification before booking.
• Pfizer-BioNTech / Oxford-AstraZeneca / Sinovac-CoronaVac: 14 days after the 2nd dose of the vaccine.
• Johnson & Johnson-Janssen / CanSinoBIO-Convidecia: 28 days after vaccination.
Hillside Retreat reserve the rights to reject and turn down any guest that does not follow the Terms and Conditions and the Safety Precautionary measure. The guest will be prohibited to enter the Hillside Retreat site and there will be no refund over their booking.
Improved & Increased Cleaning Frequency
Implementation of an enhanced cleaning program including frequent cleaning of all high touch point areas. Sanitisers are readily available at the Front Desk.
All individuals are required to undergo a temperature check upon entry. All guests must scan in using the MySejahtera app developed by the Government of Malaysia. This app is to assist in contact tracing and managing the COVID-19 outbreaks in the country.
All guests, staff and visitors are required to follow government standards of physical distancing, with a minimum of 1.0m apart. Face Masks are to be worn at all times. During guest’s stays at Hillside Retreat, our ground staff will have minimal contact with the guest for safety purpose.
Extra steps will be introduced depending on the severity of the situation or upon advice by the Ministry of Health. For updates on the COVID-19 situation in Malaysia, please visit the Ministry of Health website.
Hillside Retreat follows strictly to the Hospitality SOP set forth by the Ministry of Tourism. For updates on the SOP , please visit the Ministry of Tourism website
We are committed to keeping our guests and staff safe at all times, and should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on +60 19 885 8951 or simply email us.